Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hyla, Piper and the family

A while back, I bought my first camera. It was a Nikon N50 (that's film, kids) and I bought it at the Ritz camera store in the mall in Minot, North Dakota. It cost $350. I was 16.

I was so excited to have a real camera. I immediately drove to my friend Whitney's house because I knew she would understand how cool it was (at least, I guess, she would pretend to understand how cool it was). I took a whole role (!) of photos of her, just 'cause I could, that day. So my good pal Whitney has the distinction of being the first person I took slightly professional photos of.

Where the heck am I going with this story? Well, this weekend I went over to Whitney's house again and took photos of her two girls: Hyla, who just turned 3, and Piper, who's about 9 months.